Tips for Dry Skin in Winter
Do you feel like you look older in the winter? Is your skin and hair dry, flaky and straw feeling? The reason you feel dryer and look older is that the cold air has less humidity, and we are indoors more with the heat on; both these issues make already dry hair and skin even drier. Nonetheless winter weather also hits our skin harder as we get older, the skin’s production of moisturizers reduces with age. So, it’s not in your head the winter makes us loose our shine. Here are a few winter skin tips:
- Use X-treme Cream on your face and hair too. Did you know that moisture is a conductor of electricity? It has been proven that every 10* the temperature drops the more your hair is prone to static, not to mention the straw feeling. Cammi and Company’s Certified Organic X-treme Cream works so well as a hair mask you will think you are daydreaming. Leave X-treme cream in your hair 20 minutes or overnight to combat every angle of dehydrated, frizzy, crispy, coarse hair; in addition, it is great for your face, dry peeling heels, rough hands, and elbows. Drench your dryness head to toe!
- Only use your shampoo every 3 days and only use conditioner on the off days if you need to.
- Get a humidifier and sleep with it on in your bedroom.
- Cheer up your dry skin in winter with Conqueror Cream, this awesome cream is blended with organic oils, plus it gives you a tint of color to brighten up your skin. It is perfect alone or under your powder.
- Use Carefree cleanser with micelles, these magic little beads will cling to the cotton and cling to your sweat and dirt, they are wonderful to pull grime out of your skin pores. When you wipe your face with Carefree Cleanser the dirt and oil loving ends do their job to remove grime from your face leaving you with clean, extra fresh skin. Plus, it prepares your skin to accept more moisture so it is great to use before X-treme Cream.
- Hydrate your winter dry skin twice a day, once is not enough in the winter. I like to use Winks + Kisses on my entire face in the morning and before bed too. Winks + Kisses has Hyaluronic acid a naturally-occurring polysaccharide found in the human body, it acts as a cushioning and lubrication agent for our joints, nerves, hair, skin and eyes. It's particularly important to skin appearance because about 50 percent of the body's supply is located in the skin tissues, where the jelly-like substance helps keep it plump, soft and supp Our ability to produce hyaluronic acid declines with age which can lead to increased dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging especially if its dry.
- Wear socks to bed, yes that’s right. If you have extra dry hands and feet put the X-treme Cream on your hands and feet and wear socks on them to help hold in the moisture.
Learn more about winter dry skin with these winter skin tips at Cammi and Company http://www.cammiandcompany.com